Continental Properties is looking for a motivated and empowered Maintenance Technician to join our team of dedicated professionals at our beautiful Springs at Port Charlotte residential apartment community in Port Charlotte, FL.
You will provide above and beyond customer service and an unmatched level of personal attention to residents. You will address our resident's service needs and will help maintain facility operations. You will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
* Pay: $17-$21/Hour
* Prepare apartment homes for rent by performing various repairs in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry wall, building exteriors, painting, and appliances
* Provide direct support to your Maintenance Supervisor
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental Properties is a great place to work, as evidenced by our consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our team members vote for us as a Top Workplace:
* Monetary incentive programs to compensate individual and team performance
* Industry-leading benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans; company paid life and disability insurance
* Eligible for immediate enrollment into our 401(k) plan with company match
* 9 paid holidays and accrued vacation time
* Onsite apartment discount
* Funds provided for continued education through our Learning & Development program
* 6-weeks paid parental leave with family-forming & fertility benefits (up to 12-weeks for birth mothers)
* On-demand mental health support and an employee assistance program
* You Belong Here Committee focused on promoting and inclusive and equitable work environment
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team.
Skills for Success:
* Experience in manual labor or related field
* Ability to work overtime and on call/non-traditional schedule including some weekends and holidays
* We prefer that you are able to physically perform repairs at the community when needed. These could involve the use of hand strength to grasp tools, supplies, and equipment, occasionally climbs ladders, and stairs, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds to 50 pounds individually or with assistance. You will also need to use technology such as computers, tablets, telephone, and other office equipment to perform responsibilities.
Continental Properties is a national real estate development and property management company headquartered in suburban Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Founded in 1979 and still privately held, continental has grown from a small company to a major presence in the real estate and apartment management industry. With each project, Continental works as a responsible business partner and community leader. We operate Springs® Apartments, our national award-winning apartment brand with a fierce commitment to customer service. The Springs offers features and amenities distinguishing us from the competition, promoting customer satisfaction and retention, and challenging the status quo in the apartment industry. The development and management of our retail projects and apartment communities is backed by Continental’s hallmarks: ethical business practices, expert industry knowledge, financial strength and an uncompromising attention to detail. Continental Properties’ team of exceptional people, its financial resources, critical thinking and unrivaled industry insight all play a role in creating real estate developments that deliver optimum benefit to our tenants and attractive returns to investors and enhance the communities we serve.